Welcome! (I guess...)

For those of you who by some extremely unlikely set of circumstances happened to stumble upon this page, I apologize to you. For those of you who intentionally came to this page - yikes! As the title of the weblog indicates, these are my Ramblings About Whatever. There is a chance that I will ramble about just about anything (as I am in this introduction), but only a select few topics will actually make this site. Enjoy! (I guess...)

Monday, June 4, 2007

Oh Please, Please, Please...

Have you ever wondered whether being knighted in Great Britain is analogous to receiving a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame here in the US? Well, I have, and it appears that it is. That is the only explanation that possibly makes sense to me when I read that there is serious consideration being put forth to the knighting of David Beckham.

When one hears the word knight, the vision that is conjured in the mind is one of a gallant, armour-clad figure, sitting astride a powerful steed. Whether it be fighting for the honour of some fair lady, protecting the realm of his sovereign king, sacking an ill-defended castle, or subduing any advance by an upstart pawn, you know that chivalrous and heroic deeds are certain to happen as the knight travels his path.

But this is not to say that Beckham has displayed some shortage of heroic deeds himself. There are plenty of examples of Beckham's knightly exploits like this one, or this one, how about this one, and maybe this one. Now sure, these exploits probably would not have been able to grant Beckham a seat at the Round Table of King Arthur, but he sure does know how to kick a soccer ball when no one is allowed to block.

However, please do not read this to mean that I in any way disapprove of Beckham's being knighted. On the contrary, I approve of this action 100%. And the reason why I approve of this move? Well, quite simply, this would force the British people to recognize Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham as Lady Beckham.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

No comments: