Welcome! (I guess...)

For those of you who by some extremely unlikely set of circumstances happened to stumble upon this page, I apologize to you. For those of you who intentionally came to this page - yikes! As the title of the weblog indicates, these are my Ramblings About Whatever. There is a chance that I will ramble about just about anything (as I am in this introduction), but only a select few topics will actually make this site. Enjoy! (I guess...)

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Roger Clemens: The Saga Continues - February 26, 2008

It's been a couple of weeks since Roger Clemens's testimony before a House of Representatives committee, and so I thought that it would be a good idea to check back to see how things are going for the Rocket. Well, it seems that things are looking up for Roger since his oldest son Koby says that old Rog will be reporting to the Astros spring training camp - eventually.

I for one am glad to hear that things are turning around for Roger Clemens. The fact that such a great person like Roger Clemens is able to put these silly charges behind him and move on with his life is really uplifting. I was feeling a little depressed earlier this week, but once I heard the news that Roger would be reporting to the Astros spring training camp (eventually), my excitement could barely be controlled!

And then suddenly I woke from my nightmare and realized that the committee that heard the testimony was not controlled by a group of Roger Clemens's sycophants, in this case, mostly Republicans, but was controlled by Democrats who for the most part did not behave in Clemens's presence in the equivalent manner as a bunch of late 1990s preschoolers might when Barney & Friends came on. And then I heard the wonderful news that there is a chance that a criminal investigation may be launched as a result of Clemens's testimony in front of the committee. I know that it is a little early to get excited, but let's keep our fingers crossed.

And congratulations Roger! You have now earned your very own label!

No comments: