Welcome! (I guess...)

For those of you who by some extremely unlikely set of circumstances happened to stumble upon this page, I apologize to you. For those of you who intentionally came to this page - yikes! As the title of the weblog indicates, these are my Ramblings About Whatever. There is a chance that I will ramble about just about anything (as I am in this introduction), but only a select few topics will actually make this site. Enjoy! (I guess...)

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The British are Coming

Yeah, I know I haven't posted anything in a while, and in truth this is rather late considering when the incident took place, but is it possible to label the people running the city of Boston as idiots? To be honest, I'm personally enjoying this very much. The fact that Boston has essentially become a laughingstock makes up for the years that I had to endure the constant love fest that was displayed toward their sports teams. I thought that they were incredibly foolish for hosting a rally in Ray Bourque's honor after he won the Stanley Cup with another team (this is after he requested a trade from Boston because their team basically sucked). I mean fools, would you have still had a rally for the guy if his new team beat Boston in the Stanley Cup Finals? But this shutting down of the city as a result of discovering these Aqua Teen Hunger Force "bomb" devices makes Boston city officials look like complete idiots. I think that it is completely fair to characterize them as such as in no other city in which the devices were placed did anyone remotely panic to this degree. And I really am of the opinion that the Turner Broadcasting System should have battled this through court, if for no other reason, so that we could enjoy the comical arguments made by the Boston authorities.

No comments: