Welcome! (I guess...)

For those of you who by some extremely unlikely set of circumstances happened to stumble upon this page, I apologize to you. For those of you who intentionally came to this page - yikes! As the title of the weblog indicates, these are my Ramblings About Whatever. There is a chance that I will ramble about just about anything (as I am in this introduction), but only a select few topics will actually make this site. Enjoy! (I guess...)

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Countdown is On

It is almost that time; or at least it already feels like it is almost that time. For some weeks now, the country has patiently waited (okay, perhaps we have not been that patient collectively) for the November 4 match up between the New England Patriots and the defending Super Bowl champion Indianapolis Colts. If you'll recall, the Colts, led be Peyton Manning, finally got over the hump, so to speak, and defeated the Patriots in the AFC Championship. Trailing by a wide margin at one point, the Colts rallied to beat New England, and then went on to defeat the Chicago Bears for their second ever Super Bowl victory. On the other hand, the Patriots have been the most successful NFL team of the last decade, having won Super Bowls during the 2001, 2003, and 2004 seasons. In those latter two seasons, New England had ended Indianapolis's season during the AFC playoffs. Yes, it is safe to say that there is a bit of a rivalry between the two teams.

And now we fast forward to the present day: six days before this season's epic showdown between the two teams. The Colts come in at 7-0, after having defeated the Carolina Panthers 31-7. The Patriots are 8-0, after squeaking by against the Washington Redskins 52-7. There is a general consensus that these two teams are the best in all of football. Despite playing the game on the road, the Patriots are early favorites. The game has the potential to be a classic, and despite the fact that it is a mid season game, the outcome could be the most determining factor in deciding this year's Super Bowl champion. I cannot wait to curl up under the covers on the sofa at home and watch this game this coming Sunday afternoon...

Oh but wait, I can't do that. It seems that due to absolutely fabulous scheduling, I get to watch the Houston Texans play the Oakland Raiders at the same time that the Patriots will be playing the Colts! Good times! Yes, I cannot think of anything I would rather be doing than watching my home market last place Houston Texans play the last place Oakland Raiders. Yes, that was sarcasm. But I should not complain; surely there are people in other parts of the country who have to deal with similar disappointment. Wait, what's that? The Houston at Oakland game will be the only other game that CBS will be showing concurrently with New England-Indianapolis? Wow, I feel just like I hit the lottery. I guess it's off to the sports bar for me that afternoon... Oh, and by the way, I'm pretty sure New England will win big (again) and I'm also predicting that I don't care what happens in the Houston-Oakland game.

No comments: