Welcome! (I guess...)

For those of you who by some extremely unlikely set of circumstances happened to stumble upon this page, I apologize to you. For those of you who intentionally came to this page - yikes! As the title of the weblog indicates, these are my Ramblings About Whatever. There is a chance that I will ramble about just about anything (as I am in this introduction), but only a select few topics will actually make this site. Enjoy! (I guess...)

Friday, September 5, 2008

Weekend of Weddings: Part 4

Part 4 in Cabral's Continuous Blog on Weekend of Weddings (with actual blogging being done during the ceremonies). See Part 3 here.

We are now about ninety minutes into play and have just finished the third hole. At the rate that we're going, we might be done by Christmas. This is obviously a bit of a problem since Justin's and Valerie's wedding starts at 6:30 pm, and none of us would possibly be late for the wedding.

And apparently this golf thing is a bit harder than I thought. It wasn't until during the first hole of play that the rules were changed such that I was limited to eight strokes per hole, after two unsuccessful swings my ball would be moved up to the location of another player's shot, with a one stroke penalty, and other players were no longer able to stand within the 180 degrees of my shot direction (this change occurring after I nearly killed two players - one being the groom-to-be - after a shot I struck that was sliced by just a tad bit).

Never fear, though, we just bought some beer prior to this third hole so things should go smoothly from here on out, right?

No comments: